What are some of the important health care reform changes that have already gone into effect as a result of The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)?
- Adult children may remain as dependents on their parents’ policy until their 26th birthday.
- Children under age 19 may not be excluded for pre-existing conditions.
- No more lifetime or annual caps on health coverage.
- Free preventative care for all people.
- The “doughnut hole” is in the process of closing for Medicare patients, making prescription medications more affordable for seniors.
- Insurance plans are available for persons who have not been able to purchase medical insurance because of a pre-existing condition.