IDF created the IDF Health Insurance Toolkit to provide you with information, facts, resources and worksheets to help you choose the best possible options for you and your family. You can find a complete list of questions to ask before selecting a health insurance plan from the IDF Health Insurance Toolkit.
Some items to consider
- Will the policy cover intravenous (IVIG) or subcutaneous (SCIG) immunoglobulin treatment?
- Are there particular locations that I have to get my treatment? Do they differ based on whether it is SCIG or IVIG?
- Can I get my IVIG done at home?
- Is there an annual deductible? If so, how much is it?
- Is there a co-pay or co-insurance that must be paid for IVIG or SCIG treatment? If so, how much or what percentage?
- What is my maximum out of pocket expense each year? (In other words, what is the most I will have to pay each year?)
- Is there a waiting period before a pre-existing condition or illness will be covered and services paid for? If so, how long? Also, can it be waived?
- Will the policy allow for use at both an “in-network” and “out-of-network” provider, physician, and pharmacy? If so, what are the differences in cost?