What Is #GivingTuesday?
#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving held the Tuesday following Thanksgiving in the U.S. that kicks off the beginning of the holiday season. Since it follows Black Friday and Cyber Monday, it’s a day that emphasizes giving—rather than receiving—to nonprofits that mean the most to you.
#GivingTuesday is a great opportunity to experience the joy of giving back and a powerful way to inspire even more giving from others on social media.
We hope that you choose the Immune Deficiency Foundation (IDF) to give your gift to on this day!
#GivingTuesday 2018 – November 27
Please join IDF as we hope to receive 350 donations representing the more than 350 types of primary immunodeficiency diseases (PI) this #GivingTuesday! Here are a few easy ways to take part:
- Make a donation to IDF.
- Challenge your family and friends to do the same and make their own gift to IDF.
- Post “I gave on #GivingTuesday” on social media and tag IDF:
Ways to Fit Giving Into Your Budget
We understand that finding room in your budget to make a donation can be tricky, so we have a few suggestions. Remember, no matter the size of your gift, you are helping us help people with PI!
- Use savings from Black Friday sales: Use the money you save on Black Friday sales as a gift. Did you save $20 on that sweater you’ve been wanting? Think about donating that $20 to IDF.
- Save $1, $5, or $10 every day until #GivingTuesday: You have a little over a week until #GivingTuesday, so saving even $1 a day can add up!
- Instead of treating yourself, give instead: Do you buy daily coffee? Were you planning on going out to lunch or dinner soon? Instead, think about taking those dollars and making a gift on #GivingTuesday.
- Give a gift in someone’s name: We all seem to have that one family member or friend who says they don’t want a gift or they have everything they need. This year, give a gift to IDF in their name.
When budgeting, don’t forget to check and see if your employer participates in Matching Gifts. With Matching Gifts, you can double the impact of your donation since your employer can match up to a dollar for dollar what you donate.
Again, #GivingTuesday is an inspiring day based on giving rather than receiving, and we hope that you choose to support the PI community and give your gift to IDF on this special day!