One of the questions we asked in the IDF Walk for Primary Immunodeficiency 2018 survey was, “What was your favorite part of the walk?” We really enjoyed reading through all of the responses and wanted to share a few of our favorites.
- “Meeting other zebras.”
- “Learning about other treatments.”
- “It felt great doing some fundraising for myself.”
- “Catching up with friends in the PI community.”
- “TZ the IDF Zebra.”
- “Sharing with friends and family.”
- “The positive environment and knowing I’m not alone in my illness.”
- “Being surrounded by others like me.”
- “Everyone’s energy level.”
- “Seeing all of the different ages of people.”
- “The walk itself.”
- “The swag.”
- “All the dancing and the food.”
There are many reasons why we walk for PI, each being more personal than the next. We hope to see you walking with us this fall! Registration for 2019 will being in early spring.
Are you interested in creating a walk in your area? If you want to organize a community walk near you, we want to hear from you! E-mail us at email@example.com.
This article originally appeared in the IDF monthly e-newsletter, Primary Immune Tribune. Click here to subscribe.